I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guides inside the cassette or rear feed slot.
- Place the product on a flat surface and operate it in the recommended environmental conditions.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets. For plain paper, do not load paper above the arrow mark on the edge guides.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure the paper size and paper type settings are correct for the paper source.
- Run the paper guide cleaning utility to clean the paper path.
- If paper does not feed correctly after replacing the maintenance rollers, make sure you installed the maintenance rollers correctly.
- If you installed an optional paper cassette unit, be sure to enable the cassette unit in the printing software.
- If your product pauses during printing, make sure the front cover is closed.
- The maintenance rollers may be at the end of their service life. Check the maintenance roller status and replace them if necessary.
- Do not use short-grain paper with a width less than .413 inches (105 mm).
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load binder paper with holes in the cassette.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
- Use long-grain paper. If you are not sure what type of paper you are using, check the paper packaging or contact the manufacturer to confirm the paper specifications.
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
Cleaning the Paper Guide
Paper Jams Inside the Product
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: May 3, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!