My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, benzene, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Close the rear paper feed slot when you are not using it, to keep out dust.
- Turn off the product.
- Wait for the power light to turn off, then unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use liquid or chemical cleansers.
- Clean any paper cassettes using a soft brush.