Are there any safety precautions I should take when handling the ink?
- Keep ink bottles and the ink tank out of the reach of children. Do not allow children to drink from or handle the ink bottles and bottle caps.
- Do not tilt or shake an ink bottle after removing its seal; otherwise, ink may leak.
- Be careful not to touch any ink when you handle the ink tank, ink tank cap, and opened ink bottles or ink bottle caps.
- If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Seek medical advice if problems persist.
- Use ink bottles with the correct part number for this product.
- Epson's warranties do not extend to any damage caused by the use of third-party ink or ink not designed for your printer.
- This product requires careful handling of ink. Ink may splatter when the ink tank is filled or refilled with ink. If ink gets on your clothes or belongings, it may not come off.
- Do not open the ink bottle package until you are ready to fill the ink tank. Ink bottles are vacuum packed to maintain reliability. If you leave an ink bottle unpacked for a long time before using it, print quality may be affected.
- If the ink level is below the lower line on the ink tank, refill the ink soon. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the ink tank could damage the product.
- Epson recommends filling the ink tank to the upper line when the product is not operating.
- After bringing an ink bottle inside from a cold storage site, allow it to warm up at room temperature for at least three hours before using it.
- Store ink bottles in a cool, dark place.
- Store the ink bottles in the same environment as the product. When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when you transport the bottle.
- Use the ink bottle before the date printed on the package.
- Do not shake or squeeze the ink bottle.
- To maintain optimum print head performance, some ink is consumed from the ink tank during printing and when performing maintenance operations, such as cleaning the print head.
- The ink bottles may contain recycled materials, but this does not affect product function or performance.
Yes, see below.
Ink Safety Precautions
Note: The product has a low ink alert system. The accuracy of this system depends on the user refilling the ink tank correctly. The product cannot directly measure the ink level in the tank; instead it estimates the amount of ink remaining by internally monitoring ink usage. The low ink alert system may generate inaccurate messages if the ink tank is not refilled according to these instructions.
As a precaution, perform regular visual inspections of the ink tank to ensure the ink level does not fall below the lower line. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the tank could damage the product.
Ink Handling Precautions
Observe the following when handling the ink: