How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point. Make sure paper is loaded before you begin.
Note: If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button and press the network status button until the Wi-Fi light and Wi-Fi Direct light flash alternately. Then release both buttons. After both lights stop flashing, the Wi-Fi Direct light remains on.
- Hold down the network status button on the product for at least five seconds to print a network status sheet.
Note: If you release the button before five seconds has passed, a network connection report is printed instead of a network status sheet.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password listed in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the network status sheet.
Note: If you are connecting an Android device, the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct lights flash simultaneously. Do one of the following:
- Press the Wi-Fi button to connect the device.
- Press the stop button to cancel the connection request.
Printing a Network Status Sheet