How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles.
- Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with the product.
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Open the printer cover and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move to the far right, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the print head to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable or ink tubes inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Open the ink tank cover and make sure that the ink tank cap is installed securely.
- Close the ink tank cover.
- Place the product in a plastic bag.
- Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
Be sure to remove the tape from the print head before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment