My original does not feed from the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
If you have problems with document jams in the automatic document feeder (ADF), follow the steps here to clear the jam.
- Cancel the print job, if necessary.
- Remove your originals from the ADF.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Carefully remove any jammed pages from beneath the ADF.
- Close the ADF cover, then raise the document cover.
- Carefully remove any jammed pages.
- Lower the document cover.
- Raise the ADF input tray and carefully remove any jammed pages.
- Lower the ADF input tray.
- Reload your originals.
Make sure you do not load the ADF beyond its capacity for your paper size. Also make sure your originals are not bent, folded, or curled and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder.
- Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.
Placing Originals in the Automatic Document Feeder
Paper Jam Problems in the Cassette
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover
ADF Original Document Specifications