How do I print a nozzle check pattern?
Cleaning the Print Head NozzlesIf printouts are faint or have gaps, you should clean the print head to clear the clogged nozzles. Clean the print head only if print quality declines or image colors are incorrect. You can clean the print head when printing is paused, if necessary, but the colors in your printout may change when you resume printing.
Note: You can also set up the product to automatically clean the print head at selected intervals using the Periodical CL Cycle setting in the Customize Settings menu or the Auto Nozzle Check setting in the Printer Setup menu.
You can select from three levels of head cleaning:
- Cleaning (Light): Use this cleaning level first.
- Cleaning (Medium): Use this cleaning level if you cannot clear the clogged nozzles after cleaning with the light level.
- Cleaning (Heavy): Use this cleaning level if you cannot clear the clogged nozzles after cleaning with the medium level.
Note: If colors are faint or missing even after cleaning the print head, manually clean around the print head inside the product.
- Press the maintenance button. You see the Maintenance menu on the product LCD screen.
Note: To clean while printing, press the pause/cancel button to pause printing.
- Press the up or down arrow button to select Cleaning and press the OK button.
- Press the up or down arrow button to select the cleaning level and press the OK button.
- Press the up or down arrow button to choose one of the following cleaning options:
- All Nozzles: Select this option when you see faint printing or gaps in all rows of nozzles in the check pattern. Go to step 6.
- Head1/Head2: Select this option when you see faint printing or gaps in only one of the print heads in the check pattern. Go to step 6.
- Selected Nozzles: Select this option when you see faint printing or gaps in only certain rows of nozzles in the check pattern. You can select to clean multiple nozzle rows, if necessary. Go to step 5.
- To select the nozzle rows for cleaning, press the up or down arrow button to highlight the row number and press the OK button. Repeat for each row you want to clean.
- Select Execute With Selection and press the OK button. Print head cleaning starts. A confirmation message is displayed when cleaning is complete.
Note: If you paused printing to clean the print head, printing resumes when cleaning is finished.
- Print a nozzle check pattern or check your printout to confirm that the nozzles are cleared.
Checking for Clogged Print Head Nozzles
Printer Setup Menu Settings
Maintenance Menu Settings