How do I replace the ink cartridges?
Note: Your printer is designed to work only with genuine Epson-brand ink cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly or at all. Epson periodically provides firmware updates to address issues of security, performance, minor bug fixes and ensure the printer functions as designed. These updates may affect the functionality of third-party ink. Non-Epson branded or altered Epson cartridges that functioned prior to a firmware update may not continue to function.
Removing and Installing Ink CartridgesMake sure you have your replacement cartridges handy before you begin. You must install new cartridges immediately after removing the old ones.
Leave your old cartridges in the printer until you are ready to replace them to prevent the print head nozzles from drying out. Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
- Turn on your product.
- If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced and press the OK button. Select the option to replace the ink cartridge and press the OK button.
- If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, select Menu > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement. Then press the OK button.
- Open the inner cover.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Push in the blue tab to unlock the ink cartridge you are replacing. Then lift the bottom of the ink cartridge as shown to remove it.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Recap the used ink cartridge using the cap that came with it.
Note: Dispose of used cartridges carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the package and remove the yellow tape.
Do not touch the areas shown below. Doing so may prevent normal operation and printing.
- Remove the cap from the cartridge and store it so you can recap the ink cartridge before storing or disposing of it.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
- Insert the ink cartridge at a slight angle into the ink cartridge holder as shown. Then press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- After you replace the cartridge or cartridges that need replacing, close the inner cover and press the OK button. The product starts charging the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink replacement is complete.
Note: Do not turn off the product while it is charging or you will waste ink. If you see an error screen telling you an ink cartridge is installed incorrectly, open the inner cover and press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. When you're finished, close the inner cover.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot re-install and use the cartridge.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, recap the ink cartridge using the cap that came with it to prevent the ink from drying out and to protect the surrounding area from getting smeared by ink. Store the ink cartridge in the same environment as the product. Do not leave the product with the ink cartridges removed for an extended period of time. Otherwise, ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out and you may not be able to print.
Purchase Epson Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Box