How do I check my product’s network status?
You can use a web browser to check the operating status of the product with the product’s built-in Web Config Utility, or you can print a network connection report to diagnose connection problems with the product on your network. See below.
Accessing the Web Config UtilityYou can select your product's network settings and confirm its operating status using a web browser. You do this by accessing your product's built-in Web Config utility from a computer or other device that is connected to the same network as your product.
- Print a network status sheet.
- Locate the IP address for your product that is listed on the network status sheet.
- On a computer or other device connected to the same network as your product, open a web browser.
- Enter your product's IP address into the address bar. You see the available Web Config utility options.
Printing a Network Status Sheet
Printing a Network Connection ReportYou can print a network connection report to view solutions to any problems you may have using your product on a network.
- From the home screen, select Menu and press the OK button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Network Settings and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the arrow buttons to select Connection Check and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button to print the network connection report.
Examine the error codes and solutions shown on the network connection report.Related references
Network Connection Report Codes and Messages