How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct Mode (Simple AP)You can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
To change the Wi-Fi Direct network name or password, follow the link at the end of this topic.
Note: If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Direct and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button twice.
- Press the arrow buttons to display Other OS Devices and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button to see the Wi-Fi Direct network name and password.
- Press the OK button twice to exit. The Wi-Fi Direct icon is displayed on the LCD screen and indicates if Wi-Fi Direct is enabled on the product.
Note: If the Wi-Fi Direct icon is not displayed in blue on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.
Modifying the Wi-Fi Direct Network Name or Password