My printout contains incorrect characters. What should I do?
- Make sure any cables are securely connected at both ends.
- In Windows, delete all jobs from the Windows Spooler. Click Print Queue on the Maintenance tab in the printer settings window, and cancel any stalled print jobs.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If your computer entered sleep mode the last time you printed, the next print job after your computer exits sleep mode may contain garbled characters. Print your document again.
- If incorrect characters still appear in your prints, try connecting your product using a different cable.
- Make sure you are using the printer software for this product. Check the product name at the top of the driver window.
If incorrect characters appear in your prints, try these solutions before reprinting:
Published: May 2, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!