How do I replace the maintenance box?
Make sure you have a new maintenance box before you begin.
- Do not drop the maintenance box or subject it to strong shocks.
- Do not replace the maintenance box during printing; otherwise, ink may leak.
- Do not remove the maintenance box or its cover except when replacing the maintenance box.
- If you cannot replace the cover, the maintenance box may not be installed correctly. Remove and reinstall the maintenance box.
- Do not tilt the used maintenance box until after it is sealed in the plastic bag or ink may leak.
- Do not touch the openings in the maintenance box or you may get ink on you.
- Do not reuse a maintenance box that has been removed and left uninstalled for more than a week.
- Keep the maintenance box away from direct sunlight.
- Do not store the maintenance box in high or freezing temperatures.
Observe the following when replacing the maintenance box:
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package.
Do not touch the green chip on the maintenance box. Doing so may prevent normal operation and printing.
- Using a flat-tipped screwdriver, loosen the screw on the maintenance box cover and slide off the cover as shown.
- Remove the used maintenance box.
Note: Do not tilt the used maintenance box until after it is sealed in the plastic bag or ink may leak.
Do not touch the maintenance box areas shown below; otherwise, ink may leak.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Keep the maintenance box out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box and push it all the way in.
- Reattach the maintenance box cover and tighten the screw.