How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct Mode (Simple AP)You can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer, mobile devices, or other devices (up to 8) without a wireless router or access point.
Note: Make sure the Epson iPrint app or another compatible Epson printing app is installed on your mobile device before connecting to the product.
- Press the home icon, if necessary.
- Select Smartphone connect.
- If your product is not connected to a wireless network, go to the next step.
- If your product is already connected to a wireless network, select Other Methods to choose a specific device to connect.
- Select Start Setup. You see this screen:
- Do one of the following to complete Wi-Fi Direct setup:
- For iOS devices, select iOS. Scan the QR code with the camera app on your device and follow the instructions on your device. Select Next on the LCD screen to display your product information, then open the compatible Epson printing app on your device and select your product. Select Complete on the LCD screen.
- For Android devices, select Android. Open the compatible Epson printing app on your device and select your product. Select Complete on the LCD screen.
- For other types of devices, select Other OS Devices. Use your device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen and enter the password shown. Select Next on the LCD screen to display your product information, then follow the instructions on the LCD screen.
Using the Epson iPrint Mobile App
Status Icon Information
Published: Aug 29, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!