I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it from the rear feed slot or cassette. Reload it, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette. Make sure to load only one sheet at a time in the rear feed slot.
- Place the product on a flat surface and operate it in the recommended environmental conditions.
- Be sure to insert the paper cassette all the way into your product.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- If paper is ejected from the rear feed slot without being printed, first start your print job, then load the sheet of paper.
- Make sure the paper size and paper type settings are correct for the paper source.
- Run the paper guide cleaning utility to clean the paper path.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Do not load binder paper with holes in the cassette.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Cleaning the Paper Guide
Paper Jam Problems in the Paper Cassette
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
Paper Jam Problems in the Rear Cover
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: Aug 29, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!