My printout is stained or marred. What should I do?
If the printed media is stained or the surface is marred, try these solutions:
- Make sure the media is not too thick or thin. Check that it meets the media specifications for your product and RIP software.
- Check that the media is not creased or folded, causing it to contact the print head. If necessary, load new media.
- Clean the print head, wiper, and caps as necessary to remove ink that may have stained these parts and transferred to your printout.
- Adjust the Platen Gap setting on the product control panel to prevent the print head from striking the media as you print.
- If the edge of the media is marred, set the Top value of the Roll Paper Margin setting on the product control panel to the 15mm setting. If the bottom edge of the media is marred, set the Bottom value of the Roll Paper Margin setting to 150mm.
- Feed and eject paper to clean the rollers inside the product.
Cleaning the Anti-drying Caps
Replacing the Head Cleaning Set
Cleaning the Platen
Paper Menu Settings
Setup Menu Settings
Published: Jul 18, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!