The print quality is uneven, too light, or too dark, or lines appear in the printout. What should I do?
If you notice that your print quality is uneven, too light, too dark, or there are vertical or horizontal lines in the print (banding), try these solutions:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Make sure to use genuine Epson ink packs. Using any other type of ink pack may result in reduced print quality.
- Use a new ink pack. Print quality declines when using an old ink pack. Use all the ink in the ink pack before the date printed on the ink pack.
- Make sure the media settings in your RIP software or product control panel match the media you loaded.
- If you are comparing the print result with the image on your computer screen, the colors may not match. Since monitors and printers produce colors differently, printed colors and screen colors do not always look the same.
- Make sure that the front cover is closed. Do not open any covers during printing. This can cause the print head to stop abruptly, resulting in uneven color.
Cleaning the Print Head
Checking for Clogged Print Head Nozzles
Aligning the Print Head
Viewing and Changing Media Settings
Consumables and Replacement Parts
Published: Jul 18, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!