How do I set the default print settings in Windows or on my Mac?
To set default settings for all your software, follow the steps below for your operating system.
Note: When you change the print settings only in your printing software, the change will apply only during the current print session, not when you open the software again. Select your default print settings as instructed below to change the print settings you use in all your programs and sessions.
Selecting Default Print Settings - WindowsWhen you change your print settings in a program, the changes apply only while you are printing in that program session. If you want to change the print settings you use in all your Windows programs, you can select new default print settings.
- Access the Windows Desktop and right-click the icon for your product in the right side of the Windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click .
- Select Printer Settings. You see the printer settings window:
- Select the print settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs.
- Click OK.
Selecting Printing Preferences - MacYou can select printing preferences that apply to all the print jobs you send to your product.
- In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, and select Options & Supplies.
- Select Driver or Options. You see a screen like this:
Note: The available settings and appearance of the options window may be different than those covered here, depending on the Mac OS version and the application you are using.
- Select any of the available printing preferences.
- Click OK.