My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, benzene, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Do not touch the white, flat cable or the translucent film inside the printer. Close the paper tray when you are not using it, to keep out dust.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, dry cloth. If you cannot remove the dirt, try cleaning with a soft cloth moistened with a mild detergent.
- Clean the paper cassette using a soft brush.
- Open the scanner cover.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
Note: If lines appear on the printout or in scanned images, carefully clean the scanner glass on the left again.
- Clean the surface of the document mat using a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
- Close the scanner cover.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Use a soft, moist, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
Using a dry cloth may damage the surface of the rollers. Do not use the ADF until the rollers are dry.