I replaced an ink cartridge, but my product shows that the same ink is expended. What should I do?
The cartridge may not be seated properly, and may need to be reseated.
- Turn on your product.
- If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges are affected, then select How to and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Lift up the scanner unit until it clicks.
The ink cartridge holder moves to the replacement position. If the ink cartridge holder returns to the home position (far right), repeat steps 1 and 2.
Do not move the print head by hand or use any kind of tool to remove a cartridge; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. (If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
- Lower the scanner unit and select Completed on the LCD screen.
The print head moves to its home position and the printer starts charging the ink. This takes about 90 seconds. When you see a confirmation message on the screen, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the product while the power light is flashing or you will waste ink.
- Close the scanner unit. The product starts charging the ink.