My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Pull out the paper cassette and remove the paper.
- Open the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Use a soft, moist cloth to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
Using a dry cloth may damage the surface of the rollers. Do not use the ADF until the rollers are dry.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, clean, and damp cloth. If there are stubborn stains, use a damp cloth with a mild detergent.