My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head. If print quality does not improve after aligning the print head, disable the bidirectional (high speed) setting.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- When horizontal banding appears or the top or bottom of the paper is smeared, load paper in the correct direction and slide the edge guides to the edges of the paper.
- If you are copying from the ADF, copy from the scanner glass instead or use a higher quality setting.
- When vertical banding appears or the paper is smeared, clean the paper path.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Loading Paper in the Cassette
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software
Replacing Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Boxes
Published: Feb 3, 2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!