How do I scan a document so I can edit the text in word processing software?
You can scan a document and convert the text into editable text using a process called OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
To scan and use OCR, you can use the Epson ScanSmart software. Epson ScanSmart is included with your product.
Character types and originals that may be difficult for OCR software to recognize include:
- Handwritten text
- Items that have been copied from other copies
- Text with tightly spaced characters
- Text that is in tables or underlined
- Cursive or italic fonts and font sizes less than 8 points
- Originals with creases or wrinkles
- Originals that have been copied several times