How do I attach a scanned image to an email with Epson ScanSmart?
Open Epson ScanSmart and follow the instructions below.
Attaching a Scan to EmailYou can attach a scanned image to an email as a file attachment.
Note: Your email app and account settings should be configured before scanning. You must install a MAPI-type email program such as Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Entourage, or Mac Mail. Web-based email services such as Gmail are not supported. If you do not have a supported email program, you see an error message.
- Make sure your originals are scanned and reviewed. See the link below.
- In the Select Action window, click Attach to Email. You see a screen like this:
- Change the settings as follows:
- The document type and scan date for the file name are automatically detected. You can change them as necessary.
- You can save the scanned image in a variety of formats. If you select Searchable PDF as the File type setting, you can select the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) language.
- If you also want to save a copy of the scanned image to your computer, make sure the checkbox is selected and select the folder on your computer in which to save the file.
- Click Attach to E-mail. Your email program opens with the file attached to a new email.
Published: Sep 18, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!