How do I replace the maintenance box?
If the maintenance box is full, a message appears on your product's LCD screen. Select How To and follow the steps on the LCD screen to replace the maintenance box.Make sure you have a new maintenance box before you begin.
Note: In some print cycles a small amount of surplus ink may be collected in the maintenance box. To prevent ink leakage from the maintenance box, the product is designed to stop printing when the absorbing capacity of the maintenance box has reached its limit. Whether and how often this is required will vary according to the number of pages you print, the type of material you print on and the number of cleaning cycles that the printer performs.
Do not reuse a maintenance box that has been removed and left uninstalled for more than a week. Keep the maintenance box away from direct sunlight.
- Make sure the product is not printing.
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package.
Do not touch the green chip on the maintenance box.
- Press the tab on the maintenance box cover and remove it.
- Grasp the maintenance box and pull it out of its holder.
Note: Do not tilt the used maintenance box or take it apart.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep the maintenance box out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box into the holder and push it all the way in.
- Press the tab on the maintenance box cover and reattach it.
Purchase Epson Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Box