I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- Make sure paper is loaded in the correct orientation. Load cut sheets vertically (short edge first).
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not damp, curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
- If roll paper does not feed, cut the end straight across and uncurl it by rolling it backward, if necessary. Then reload the paper.
- Make sure there are no gaps between the roll paper and the paper stops on the spindle.
- If wrinkles appear on roll paper, adjust the Back Tension setting.
- If you cannot insert paper easily into the paper feed slot, make sure the paper is perfectly flat and not curled.
- Do not load more than one piece of cut sheet paper.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Make sure you selected the Media Type setting in the printer driver that matches the paper you loaded in the product.
- Make sure that paper is not jammed inside the product.
- Make sure you are using the product at the proper room temperature.
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Loading Roll Paper
Loading Single Cut Sheets
Paper Setting Menu
Cutting Roll Paper
Published: Dec 12, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!