How do I print a nozzle check pattern?
Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control PanelYou can check the print head nozzles using the control panel on your product.
- Make sure roll paper or cut sheet paper is loaded in the printer.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Print Head Nozzle Check. You see a screen like this:
- If you want to change the paper source that the nozzle check pattern prints on, select Paper Source. Otherwise, select Start to print the nozzle check pattern. The nozzle check pattern prints.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Print head is clean
Print head needs cleaning
- Do one of the following:
- If there are no gaps in the pattern, select the icon.
- If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, select the icon on the Head Cleaning screen. Select Start to clean the print head.
Checking the Nozzles Using a Computer Utility
Cleaning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Using the Powerful Cleaning Utility
Flushing the Ink Tubes
Published: Dec 12, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!