The print quality is uneven, too light, or too dark, or lines appear in the printout. What should I do?
If you notice that your print quality is uneven, too light, too dark, or there are lines in the print (banding), try these solutions:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary. If nozzles are still clogged after cleaning three times, perform a Powerful Cleaning. If nozzles are still clogged, flush the ink tubes.
- Perform a print quality adjustment.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Make sure the paper is not wrinkled, folded, or bent.
- Make sure your ink bottles have not expired. For best results, use ink bottles before the expiration date printed on the package.
- Shake the ink bottles before filling the ink tanks.
- Make sure you selected the correct Media Type setting in the printer driver that matches the paper loaded in the printer.
- Compare the print result with the image on your computer screen. Since monitors and printers produce colors differently, printed colors and screen colors do not always look the same.
- Make sure that all printer covers are closed during printing.
- Keep all printer covers closed unless you are loading or unloading media to prevent dust from accumulating inside the printer.
- Check the ink levels on the LCD screen. Refill any ink tanks that are low on ink.
- Enable color management in the software application or in the printer driver.
- If you are using non-Epson media, make sure you create a custom paper configuration for the media.
- Check the quality setting that you selected in the printer driver. Using a faster printing method may decrease the overall print quality.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control Panel
Checking the Nozzles Using a Computer Utility
Refilling the Ink Tanks
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Managing Color - Mac
Creating Custom Paper Configurations
Published: Dec 12, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!