How do I run a cleaning cycle from the printer's control panel?
You can clean the print head using the control panel on your product.
- Make sure roll paper or cut sheet paper is loaded in the printer.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Head Cleaning. You see a screen like this:
- Select Start to begin the cleaning cycle. When the cleaning cycle is finished, the power light stops flashing and a confirmation screen appears.
Never open any covers or turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
- Select Yes to print a nozzle check pattern. The nozzle pattern prints.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Print head is clean
Print head needs cleaning
- Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head, check the nozzles, and repeat the process as necessary.
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head three times, perform a Powerful Cleaning.Related tasks
Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control Panel
Cleaning the Print Head Using a Computer Utility
Using the Powerful Cleaning Utility
Flushing the Ink Tubes