I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
If you cannot send or receive faxes, try these solutions:
- If you are faxing from a computer, use the Epson FAX Utility to send your fax.
- Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
- Make sure you have set up your header information and have not blocked your caller ID. Otherwise, your faxes might be rejected by the recipient's fax machine.
- If you did not connect a telephone to your product, set the Receive Mode setting to Auto so you can receive faxes automatically.
- Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
- Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
- Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
- Check the Line Type setting and set it to PBX. If your phone system requires an external access code to reach an outside line, register the code to the product and add a # (hash) to the beginning of the phone number when dialing.
- If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- Try lowering your product's fax speed setting.
- If your telephone line uses call waiting and you have trouble receiving faxes, turn off call waiting to prevent disruption of incoming faxes.
- If you have subscribed to a call forwarding service, the product may not be able to receive faxes. Contact your service provider for assistance.
- Check your inbox and delete faxes after reading or printing them. If the inbox is full, the product cannot receive faxes.
- If you cannot send faxes at a specified time, make sure the date and time are set correctly on the product.
Note: If your product is connected to a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone line, keep in mind that fax machines are designed to work over analog phone lines. Epson cannot guarantee that fax transmission will work when using VoIP.
If your phone line includes voice mail answering services, calls or faxes may be inadvertently received by your voice mail service.Related tasks
Setting Up the Fax Utility - Windows
Setting Up Fax Features Using the Fax Utility - Mac
Checking Fax Status
Printing Fax Reports
Storing and Viewing Received Faxes
Selecting the Date and Time
Setting Up Fax Features