My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- If you continue to see horizontal or vertical bands or streaks in your printouts after cleaning and aligning the print head, you can finely tune the horizontal or vertical alignment in the Maintenance menu.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Extended Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Print Layout Options - Mac
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Replacing the Maintenance Box
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges
Selecting the Paper Settings for Each Source - Control Panel
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printer Software
Paper or Media Type Settings - Control Panel
Published: Jan 20, 2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!