My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Do not touch the flat white cable or translucent film inside the product.
- Turn off the product using the power button.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper.
- Open the document cover.
Be careful not to trap your hand or fingers when opening or closing the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended). If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, try cleaning with a soft cloth moistened with a mild detergent. Wipe off any remaining liquid.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force. Scratches or other damage on the glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) moistened with a little water to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
Do not use a dry cloth to clean the rollers; you may damage them. Use the ADF after the rollers have dried.
- Open the ADF input tray.
Make sure the ADF cover is opened before raising the ADF input tray or the ADF may be damaged.
- Clean the area shown here.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, clean cloth moistened with a little water. If you cannot remove the dirt, try cleaning with a soft cloth moistened with a mild detergent.