My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head. If print quality does not improve after aligning the print head, disable the bidirectional (high speed) setting.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- Clean any dust or dirt from your originals.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
- If you have not used the product for a long time, run the Power Cleaning utility.
Note: Power Cleaning consumes a lot of ink, so run this utility only if you cannot improve print quality by cleaning the print head.
Print Head Maintenance
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting the Paper Settings - Control Panel
Loading Paper in the Cassette
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Replacing Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Boxes
Published: Sep 8, 2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!