My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head. If print quality does not improve after aligning the print head, disable the bidirectional (high speed) setting.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- If you are copying from the ADF, copy from the scanner glass instead or use a higher quality setting.
- Clean any dust or dirt from your originals.
- Clean the ADF.
- When vertical banding appears or the paper is smeared, clean the paper path.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software
Replacing Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Boxes
Published: Aug 18, 2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!