Can I use a pre-paid calling card to send a fax?
Yes. To send a fax this way, you need to connect an external phone to the product's EXT port. To send the fax, see the instructions below.
Dialing Fax Numbers from a Connected TelephoneIf you connected a telephone to the EXT port on your product, you can send a fax by dialing the fax number from the connected telephone. If the recipient's phone number and fax number are the same, you can speak to the recipient before sending the fax.
Note: When a number is dialed using the connected telephone, it takes longer to send a fax because the printer performs scanning and sending simultaneously. While sending the fax, you cannot use the other features.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Dial the fax number from the connected telephone. Speak to the recipient if necessary.
- Select Fax.
- Press the OK button, select Scan Settings or Fax Send Settings to make any settings as necessary.
Note: Your product now communicates with the recipient's fax machine. Do not hang up the telephone.
- When you hear a fax tone, press the start button to start sending the fax.
Note: If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
- Hang up the telephone.