How do I create a header for my faxes?
The name and phone number you enter in the Fax Setup Wizard will appear in the fax header on your faxes. See below for instructions on using the Fax Setup Wizard.
Using the Fax Setup WizardYou can setup the product's basic fax settings using the Fax Setting Wizard. This wizard is automatically displayed when the product is turned on for the first time. You can also change these settings individually from the Fax Settings menu.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > Fax Settings. You see a screen like this:
- Select Fax Setting Wizard.
- Press the OK button to proceed.
- On the Enter Fax Header screen, use the displayed keypad to enter the sender name for your fax source, such as your name or a business name. You can enter up to 40 characters. Select OK when finished.
- On the Your Phone Number screen, use the keypad to enter your fax number, up to 20 characters. Press the OK button to proceed.
Note: The name and phone number in the fax header identifies the source of the faxes you send.
- On the DRD Setting screen, do one of the following:
- If you have subscribed to a distinctive ring service from your telephone company, press the OK button to select Settings. Select the ring pattern to be used for incoming faxes. If you selected a ring pattern other than All, go to step 10. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- If you do not have a distinctive ring service, press the # button to select Skip and go to step 10.
Note: Distinctive ring services allows you to have several phone numbers on one phone line. Each number is assigned a different ring pattern. You can use one number for voice calls and another for fax calls. Select the ring pattern assigned to fax calls in the Distinctive Ring Setting. If you select a ring pattern other than All, Receive Mode is automatically set to Auto.
- On the Receive Mode Setting screen, do one of the following:
- If you have connected an external telephone or answering machine to the product, press the OK button to select Yes and go to the next step.
- If you did not connect an external telephone or answering machine, press the cancel button to select No and go to step 10. (Receive Mode is automatically set to Auto; otherwise you cannot receive faxes.)
- On the next Receive Mode Setting screen, press the OK button to select Yes to receive faxes automatically or press the cancel button to select No to receive faxes manually.
Note: If you connect an external answering machine and select to receive faxes automatically, make sure the Rings to Answer setting is correct. If you select to receive faxes manually, you need to answer every call and operate the product’s control panel or your phone to receive faxes.
- On the Confirmation screen, confirm the displayed settings and press the OK button to select Proceed, or press the back button to change the settings.
- On the Check Fax Connection screen, press the OK button to select Start Checking and follow the on-screen instructions to check the fax connection and print a report of the check result. If there are any errors reported, try the solutions on the report and run the check again. If the Select Line Type screen appears, select the correct line type.
If the Select Dial Tone Detection screen appears, select Disable. However, disabling the dial tone detection function may drop the first digit of a fax number and send the fax to the wrong number.
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen