How do I replace the maintenance box?
Make sure you have a new maintenance box before you begin.
Do not reuse a maintenance box that has been removed and left uninstalled for more than a week. Keep the maintenance box away from direct sunlight.
Note: You cannot print or clean the print head while the maintenance box is full, but you can perform tasks that do not require ink, such as scanning.
Note: Do not drop the maintenance box or subject it to strong shocks and do not store it in high or freezing temperatures.
- Make sure the product is not printing.
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package.
Do not touch the green chip on the maintenance box.
- Use a flat-head screwdriver to loosen the screw on the maintenance box cover as shown, then remove the cover.
Note: Do not remove the maintenance box cover or the maintenance box except when replacing the maintenance box, otherwise ink may leak.
- Grasp the maintenance box as shown and pull it out of its holder.
Note: Do not tilt the used maintenance box until after it is sealed in the plastic bag, and do not touch the areas shown here. Doing so may prevent normal operation and you may get smeared with ink.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep the maintenance box out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box into the holder and push it all the way in until it clicks into place.
- Insert the maintenance box cover and tighten the screw to secure the cover.
If you cannot re-attach the cover, the maintenance box may not be installed correctly. Remove and re-install the maintenance box.
Purchase Epson Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Box
Ink Safety Precautions