The ink level monitor incorrect. What should I do?
Perform a Factory Reset and a Cartridge RESEAT to reset the ink counters and enable it to put ink on the paper. Make sure the ink cartridges are installed in the printer.
Factory Reset STYLUS COLOR 500:
1) Shut printer off. Disconnect parallel printer cable at rear of printer.
2) Hold down the all three buttons (Load button, Black Cleaning button, and Color Cleaning buttons) while powering on the printer (continue holding for approx. (1) one second and release).
3) Then within one second
4) Hold down the Load/Eject button for (2) two seconds only.
5) Release Load/Eject; the complete sequence must be done within (3) three seconds.
NOTE: A FACTORY RESET WILL RESET BOTH INK COUNTERS AND THE OTHER INK CARTRIDGE MAY NOT REGISTER OUT OF INK WHEN OUT OF INK, THE OUT OF INK LIGHT MAY NOT FLASH OR TURN ON.
There is no other way to correct your situation so you will need to monitor the other ink level and change it if poor color quality cannot be corrected by cleaning cycles.
Reseat the Ink Cartridge COLOR 500:
1) Pause the printer, hold down the Load/Eject button for 6 seconds; power light will blink.
2) The print head will move to left to cartridge installation position.
3) Lift the Gray Clamp that holds the ink cartridge all the way open then clamp it back down
*** MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TAKE INK CARTRIDGE OUT ***
4) Once the clamp is closed, press and release the Load/Eject button to recharge the Ink Delivery system (takes about 2 minutes).
Published: Feb 28, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!