Why does the Epson Status Monitor show the cartridges with the ink levels grayed out?
Please follow the directions below to successfully install your Status Monitor.
1. Restart your computer and close down any background applications by following the following directions: a. Press "CTRL+ALT+DEL". This will open the "CLOSE PROGRAM" window. b. One by one select "End Task" for all items EXCEPT the "EXPLORER and "SYSTRAY" Note: The 'Close Program' window will close each time you click 'End Task' so you will need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL again after each 'End Task'. If you press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice in a row, your PC will reboot and you will have to start over again.
2. Insert your Epson CD into your CD ROM drive, and double click on you're MY COMPUTER icon.
3. Double click on the Epson CD ROM drive, and then double click on the DRIVERS folder.
4. Double click on the STM3 folder.
5. Double click on the STMSETUP icon.
6. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!