I see the message Command Error on the printer when I print from Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7. What should I do?
This may happen if you use an UltraChrome printer driver but are printing with dye ink, or the other way around. Do the following:
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Select or Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program, your Epson printer software, then Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Select Start > Control Panel. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, then select the Epson Printer software and remove all files associated with the driver.
- Download the latest Epson printer driver from the Downloads tab for your product and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Select or Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon for your printer, select Printing preferences > Utility, then Printer and Option Information. Make sure the correct ink configuration is selected.
- On your product, press Select Type twice.
- Press until you see Interface on the screen, then press Select Type twice.
- Select Auto for the interface.
Published: Mar 2, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!