How should my product be prepared for shipment and storage?
If you are transporting the printer only a short distance in a horizontal position, or if you are going to store it for less than 6 months, you don't need to perform the ink draining process described on page 5-25 of the User's Guide. Instead, follow the instructions below:
- Remove any paper and the paper spindle from the printer. Power off the printer from the control panel.
- Wait until the print head moves to the home position in the far right corner and the LCD display turns off.
- Install the metal shipping bracket to secure the print head in place. If you do not have the shipping bracket, contact EPSON technical support or your dealer to request one. Make sure the head is locked in place securely so it won't slide out of home position.
- Remove the power cord from the back of the printer. Remove the ink cartridges from the ink housing and close the ink housing cover door. Tape all the covers closed so they don't open during transport.
- If your printer is installed on the optional stand, remove the printer from the stand.
- If you have the original shipping crate, place the printer in the crate with proper packing materials. If you do not have the original shipping crate, take extra care when packing the printer to prevent it from sustaining any shipping damage. Shipping damage caused by improper packing is not covered under warranty.
- Do not ship the ink cartridges inside the printer crate. Place the ink cartridges inside a plastic bag and ship them separately to prevent ink spills.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!