How do I drain the ink from my printer so I can store the printer?
Install a new maintenance tank in the printer before you drain the ink, then do the following:
- Turn off the printer, if necessary.
- Press and hold the and buttons while you turn on the printer. Release the buttons when you see the message Self Testing on the printer's LCD screen.
- Press the Menu button until you see the message Test on the screen.
- Press the button until you see the message Ink Drain on the screen.
- Press the Menu button twice. The ink draining process begins.
- After the ink is drained, turn off the printer.
The printer is now ready to store.
Published: Mar 2, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!