How do I align the print head?
Do the following:
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Then load one of the following types of paper:
- Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
- Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
- Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper
- Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
- Epson Enhanced Matte Paper
- Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
- Epson Presentation Paper Matte
- Press Menu on the printer.
- Press until HEAD ALIGNMENT is selected, then press Menu. You see PAPER THKNS.
- Press Menu to select STD. This is the correct thickness setting for most Epson papers, including those listed in step 1.
- Press Menu to register the value, then press to display PAPER THKNS.
- Press to display ALIGNMENT.
- Press Menu to display AUTO, then press Menu again. You see UNI-D (uni-directional). This is the type of alignment to start with.
- Press Menu to start the alignment process.
It takes about 7 or 12 minutes depending on your printer model to run the automatic uni-directional head alignment. The printer' white beam sensor reads the alignment pattern and adjusts the printer automatically. Make sure you don't open the top cover or turn off the printer during this process.
- When the uni-directional alignment is finished, press until BI-D 2-COLOR is selected. Press Menu to start the bi-directional black alignment process.
- When the bi-directional black alignment is finished, press until BI-D ALL is selected. Press Menu to start the alignment process.
- Press to exit the head alignment mode.