How do I align the print head?
Do the following:
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Then load one of the following types of paper:
- Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
- Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
- Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper
- Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
- Epson Enhanced Matte Paper
- Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
- Epson Presentation Paper Matte
- Press Menu on the printer.
- Press until HEAD ALIGNMENT is selected, then press Menu. You see PAPER THICKNESS.
- Press Menu to select STANDARD. This is the correct thickness setting for most Epson papers.
- Press to save the setting.
- Press , then press to select ALIGNMENT.
- Press Menu to select AUTO, then press Menu again. You see UNI-D (uni-directional). This is the type of alignment to start with.
- Press to start the alignment process.
Each head alignment takes about 7 minutes. The printer's white beam sensor reads the alignment pattern and adjusts the printer automatically. Make sure you don't open the front cover or turn off the printer during this process.
- When the uni-directional alignment is finished, press until BI-D 2-COLOR is selected. Press to start the bi-directional black alignment process.
- When the bi-directional black alignment is finished, press until BI-D ALL is selected. Press to start the alignment process.
- Press to exit the head alignment mode.