My printouts are dark when I print from Photoshop CS3 or later. What should I do?
- Use latest version of Adobe Photoshop.
- Make sure your print head nozzles are clean and free from clogs.
- Make the following adjustment in Adobe Photoshop:
- Select Color Management or Output > Output from Photoshop's print screen.
- Click Transfer and drag the middle of the curve to 40.0%.
- Click OK, then select Color Management.
- Select Let Photoshop manage color as normal and the appropriate printer profile.
- Print your image. Because every photo is different, you may need to experiment with the Transfer Curve to find the level that best suits your needs.
Note: Making changes to the Transfer Curve does not alter the original image. This curve affects the Shadows, Midtones, and Highlights as a whole.
- Make the following adjustments in the Windows or Mac driver to lighten the image:
- Adjust the Gamma setting to 1.8.
- Increase the Brightness bar to 5.
Note: If using a Mac, make sure the Color Mode is EPSON Standard sRGB.
While we do not assist with color profiling or color correction, you can try the following: