How should I transport my product?
Before you transport the product for a long distance or store it for an extended period of time, you need to lock the carriage to prevent damage.
Note: Make sure the carriage is in the home position on the left side of the product. If the carriage is not in the home positions, turn on the product and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- If you're using the optional Transparency Unit, remove it from the scanner.
- Turn off the product, then unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the product.
- Pull down the transportation lock.
- Attach the packing materials that came with the scanner, then repack the product in its original box or a similar box that fits the scanner snugly.
Published: Feb 1, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!