I see the message Software for this printer isn't available from Apple. What should I do?
Refresh the printer list by doing the following:
- Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
- Select Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- Enter the text softwareupdate --list, then press return on your keyboard.
- Wait for the prompt to appear again, then close the window.
- Select the menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, then try adding your printer again.
Published: Sep 22, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!