How do I align the print head?
Aligning the Print HeadIf your printouts are grainy or blurry, you need to align the print head. The thickness of your print media determines the alignment options you select. You can store separate alignment values for each type of media you use for quick selection.
Before aligning the print head, make sure you have correctly loaded the media you plan to print on.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the OK button to select Media Setup.
- Press the down arrow button to select Customize Settings and press the OK button.
- Press the up or down arrow button to select the number of the media settings you selected for the currently loaded media. Then press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button to select Media Adjust and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button to select Manual and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button to select Head Alignment and press the OK button. Your product prints an alignment test pattern and automatically feeds the media to viewing position.
Note: If you want to cut the media to better view the pattern, press the up arrow button to move the media past the cutter groove. Be careful not to rewind curled media past the front cover.
- Examine the alignment test pattern to select the pattern number with the fewest gaps as shown.
- Press the left or right arrow button to select the number of the best pattern and press the OK button. Repeat this step for all the color patterns. After you select the final color pattern number, the control panel returns to its ready status.
Media Setup Menu Settings