How do I print a nozzle check pattern?
Checking for Clogged Print Head NozzlesTo maintain optimum print quality, perform a nozzle check before printing. This lets you visually inspect the printed check pattern and clean the nozzles, if necessary. There are two ways to check the nozzles:
- Set up the product to automatically print a check pattern before each print job. You can select how often the product performs a nozzle check in the Printer Setup menu.
- Manually run a nozzle check from the product control panel, as described here.
- Press the maintenance button. You see the Maintenance menu.
- Press the OK button to select Nozzle Check.
- Press the up or down arrow button to select a print position for the check pattern and press the OK button. The product prints a nozzle check pattern.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Nozzles are clean
Nozzles need cleaning
- If there are no gaps, the print head is clean and you can continue printing.
If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, clean the print head.
Cleaning the Print Head
Printer Setup Menu Settings
Maintenance Menu Settings
Published: Dec 12, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!