How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to move or transport your product, prepare it as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing, or ink may leak.
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Have two people lift the printer by placing their hands in the indentations on the left and right sides as shown.
Warning: This product is heavy and requires two people to move it.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Keep the product level during transportation. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning
Published: Jan 12, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!