My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
- Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded incorrectly in your product.
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- If you are printing on thick paper or poster board, make sure you select the appropriate settings.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first. Adjust the Print Density and/or Increased Ink Drying Time settings.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path.
If your printouts are blurry or smeared, try these solutions:
Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Print Layout Options - Windows
Selecting Additional Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - OS X
Selecting Printing Preferences - OS X
Cleaning the Paper Guide
Double-sided Printing Options - Windows
Available Epson Papers
Published: Mar 21, 2016 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!